Monday, November 15, 2021

Baddesley Clinton and Charlecote Park

I awoke to fog! So headed North (where I ran out of it) and headed to Baddesley Clinton. Baddesley  is a moated medieval manor house. 






































I wandered for coffee and a scone. Alas the scone was not good.... and I left part of it. So where next? I had intended Packwood but Charlecote was relatively close and on my way back so...

Charlecote is a place where legend has it the young William Shakespeare poached deer.



The house was closed (I knew that) but the laundry, brewhouse and Old Kitchens were open.












I had a late lunch a very tasty parsnip and apple soup. The scones looked good I must admit but



The sun started to come out





There were a couple of Common Gulls on the lake.




So I am on holiday travelling light so no camera! just my phone and compact! The camera would have been handy for these LOL










a nice day

2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Super photos of both places :) I haven't been to either for ages I am afraid not even Baddesley which is my "local". Scones I have had at Baddesley in the past have not been good - my friend described them as being like Rock Cakes!!!

The Quacks of Life said...

someone was a bit miffed at quacks post about the scone.... I left my main camera at home.... only time I wished I had it was Charelcote with the deer

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.