Saturday, September 18, 2021

Lytes Cary & Tintinhull

Lytes Cary is a medieval manor house in Somerset. Parts of it date to the 14th century with additions being made in the century after particularly the 15th, 16th, 18th and 20th century. The chapel predates the house being built about 1343 and was also a chantry chapel.

The 17th century gardens have disappeared and today we have the Jenners Arts and Crafts garden from the beginning of the 20th century. I like them.


















































The garden at Tintinhull was on my way back to my B&B so off I went. 

It is a 20th century Arts and Crafts garden around a 17th century house. It is relatively small but it is one I rather like.
























1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Beautiful gardens at both houses. Such lovely flowers and butterflies. Is that another PL I see??? :) I like Arts and Crafts gardens too :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.