Monday, September 20, 2021

Bledlow Church

After visiting Jordans the other week I had one church in Buckinghamshire left. I contacted them and they were kind enough to suggest some dates to me so today I went off to visit 

895 Holy Trinity, Bledlow

You visit this church along a lane lined with cottages and Georgian houses.  It is all very picturesque.


These are in the porch.


You can tell that at one point the roof was much higher



I only had my phone so zoomed in a bit.




There is lots of carving within the church which is nice to see. There is also some heraldic glass and remnants of wall paintings.


Bledlow's chief treasure is the very fine Aylesbury font dating to the 12th  century.







I didn't understand why this window is covering a plain one and is not inserted. Apparently it came  from a non-conformist church. It is a war memorial.









A very nice visit and thank you to Sarah for getting me access.

2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Super post and photos and a very lovely church. I really like the font and stained glass and carved capitals :)

The Quacks of Life said...

the font was superb.... the glass was unusual. I liked it.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.