Thursday, September 16, 2021

Killerton

Killerton is an 18th Century Georgian house in the middle of Devon. It is actually a quite liveable house I think. When Sir Richard Acland gave the house to the trust he gave them almost 7000 acres as well as about 9,000 in Exmoor. That is some land! 






Many years ago on a holiday with Mum and Dad it rained and we sheltered under the trees. Dad under one Mum and I under another. He looked so pathetic (he hated getting wet) and Mum and I were in fits of giggles! 



























There are no bedrooms upstairs but different fashion exhibitions. My Mum had patterns like this. It takes me back to when I was a nipper!













The Acland Chapel










I spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing in the garden. I had intended to go elsewhere but I had a minor case of a Metformin attack LOL 







A nice day :)

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Another PL!!!!!!!!!!! :) It looks lovely there and very quiet too people wise. A super set of pics. My mum had patterns like those too she used to make so many of her clothes and mine! when I was little.

Hope you feel better today.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.