Sunday, October 25, 2020

Sunday stroll

The clocks have gone back which is sure sign of winter. You'd think I'd have jumped out of bed but no, the warmth of my duvet held me firm ;)

I am deliberately not visiting places at the weekend as I can visit mid-week but English Heritage are moving to weekend opening so I will be booking some weekend visits.

The sun was shining so I popped on the headphones and off I went (come spring when the birds are singing I will be leaving the headphones off when I'm out).

Some of my walks are a bit waterlogged and my options are reduced but off I headed

Look at that sky! Hard to believe it was pelting down last night





On my route there are a few apple trees





The road shows you last nights down pour



I noticed this branch yesterday. I  hadn't noticed it before but it surely must have happened in the winds in August. 


I hadn't been down this road before, there are a few footpaths that are not passable at the moment.


Some nice houses!



I walked along and decided that it I wanted to go via the roads my journey would be 3 miles longer so I turned back. Maybe i'll do  the 11 mile round trip to Matching Church next Spring ;)

















The bridle path back to my house. Hard to believe how close to a housing estate this is.




Nice walk!



1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

A good walk by the look of it with some lovely signs of autumn. Good to see blue skies!!!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.