Tuesday, October 27, 2020

My P-47 is a pretty good ship

Not a great day weather wise so I booked a trip to the Imperial War Museum at Duxford. I should have done it next week as its half term. Still as I had membership I could skip the queue! 











You could get a timed ticked for Concorde but as I had been in before...



That nose is pretty unique


When you see some of the older planes you have to think flipping heck really? in that ?




















In the American hall 


My P-47 is a pretty good ship 
And she took a round comin' cross the channel last trip 
I was thinkin' 'bout my baby and letting her rip 
Always got me through so far 
Well they can ship me all over this great big world 
But I'll never find nothing like my North End girl 
I'm taking her home with me one day, sir 
Soon as we win this war

Steve Earle - Johnny Come Lately




That is a B52 in the background it is flipping HUGE! 

 







One day I'll get back to the channel islands.


I will wander back next year when it is dryer and warmer ;)


1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

What an interesting place and somewhere I have never been. Actually I had never heard of it!!! Super set of photos.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.