Friday, October 09, 2020

Rye Meads, a spot of gardening and a walk in the rain

My friends must find it odd that I know longer hop out of bed straightaway, take this morning. I woke promptly dozed for a bit, wandered down made a cup of tea poor a bowl of all bran (yeuk) and wandered back to bed. 

I have no excuse for this (not that I need one) as the sun was shining but ITV4 is not bad of a morning reruns of the Saint, Sherlock Holmes and the Avengers (alas we have now passed the lovely and sadly late departed Diana Rigg). However I wandered off to Rye Meads for a wander.

Now it is odd it was quiet really it was all the summer migrants have gone and I have yet to see a winter thrush but I did see some good birds

For instance at the Draper Hide I saw 3 Snipe, 3 Wigeon (a sign of migration), a Kingfisher and a Sparrowhawk. 

I wandered on and there were the odd tit flock and calling Cetti's Warblers.  One specked wood a few dragons but the highlight was a Peregrine Falcon.



Look mate I know you want the Kingfisher to perch there but it just flew through so I'll have to do.


I return to the Draper and refound the Snipe from my bins there seemed to 3 Snipe but on cropping this photo there were 5!! 


With the sun shining I went home and ran the mower over the grass and cut the small hedge. Dad would be so proud  LOLOL, unfortuantely by the time I had finished lunch the weather had turned so waterproofs on for a 4.5 walk :)


No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.