Tuesday, October 06, 2020

Rye Meads a morning wander

Well off to Rye Meads as the weather looked better than I was expecting.

Nice to see some Stonechats there, I keep missing them. Alas I didn't see a Whinchat.

So the Draper hide lots of ducks! 

Shoveler. Got to like the Shoveler that bill is just so big! 



All of the usual duck suspects, teal numbers are growing but nice to see 3 Wigeon.

I think this is a juvenile... it later got chased by an adult.


Smile Mr Heron smile! 


4 Snipe flew in and promptly went straight to the furthest point. Typical.




This is an usual bird for Rye Meads. I had to put the camera on the fence and tilt the view screen to get the shot! 


Part of the walk was shut due to flooding... the cows aren't impressed


I saw a Grey Wagtail on the fence, Camera up, press shutter and FLIES! 

Still a decent walk,



1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Love the robin photos :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.