Friday, October 23, 2020

Amwell

I hadn't been to Amwell for a couple of months, I don't know why, so this morning I wandered down.

Like Rye Meads it was quiet. You can tell how wet it has been as  the field  by the road which has horses in in had an impromptu duck pond with about a dozen mallards and some Moorhens! 

The main view points had the usual ducks, two Eygptian geese, Heron, Great Crested Grebes, Gulls (Black Headed, Common, Lesser Black Backed and Great Black backed) and a Little Egret.





I wandered to Hollycross Lake where there were a bunch of Red Crested Pochard which were very distant.



There were a few tit flocks about.

I came home and went for a 4.5 mile wander (7 for the day).


1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Nice selection of birds - a long wander!!! Love the boat photo :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.