Friday, May 10, 2024

Montacute and Tintinhull

As I haven't been on holiday for a while... 😂😂😂

Actually I was meant to be heading to Porlock tomorrow before moving to South Somerset but I couldn't be bothered with breakfast in a service station so I booked a day in South Somerset as I know a good breakfast spot. Decadent or what.

It does feel odd being on my own after the last 2 holidays.

Anyway as is traditional for the first day of a holiday here. I went to Montacute first.

It was lovely to see Swallows, Swifts and House Martins.

Montacute is an Elizabethan house built by Sir Edward Phelips who was an MP who became speaker of the House of Commons under James I.
























The Rhubarb and Rosemary scone.







Tintinhull is 2 miles up the road and is a lovely small garden which if I ever become a billionaire I'd happily live in.

It also had Swallows and House Martins and a tree creeper!!

















Tomorrow will be interesting a new location and potentially a milestone!

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

You are on holiday again :) Look forward to all the photos. Love both the houses. Have a good time.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.