Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Dunster

So today I went to the village of Dunster with its fine church and castle.


The Priory church of St George was shared between the monks of the Priory and the parish. There was conflict between the two and you can still see two chancels. The church was small for a Priory I guess the reason it has survived so well.



















The screen is said to be the longest in England.





The yarn house.







So off to the castle. A wooden castle was built in the 11th century with work commencing on a stone castle in the 12th.













This 1960s kitchen makes me smile. 



I remember this type of sink.









Old bighead 😂






















The watermill, which is working.



The scone.








1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Dunster looks super - great house and church. I like the selfie :) I have a little model of the yarn market that my son brought back from mum and dad's house when we cleared it. Super letter box :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.