Friday, November 24, 2023

This and that

All I've done this week is walk. I've already passed my total for last year of 2203 miles! 

So what has happened? 

I've had a haircut and much to many of my friends shock bought a tablet. I've been talking about it for uh months and maybe months.

Why? well I have a small laptop that I use as a backup and for travel (a Microsoft Go) but that won't take windows 11 now I know that windows 10 doesn't go out of support until October 2025 but it is a little slow. I was going to buy the latest replacement BUT Microsoft has made the latest variant, the 4, business only. 

I deliberately want a small device to fit my small cabin bag so a tablet it is. There are problems like Elements won't run on a tablet and the software I use to bulk reduce files for the blog is windows only but I've used Snapseed as an editor on the phone. The device arrived Tuesday and I have found a bulk app to reduce files that seems to work so for holidays I am set. I did buy a keyboard cover and I am not sure I needed it as I don't tend to write lots these days but I have it just in case. This post is a test run.

I mentioned that the geese were about but they fly about. There were 26 the other day (easily a record) and then none. I walked to Netteswell pond this morning. It is the last pond but I don't often visit, I tend to go in winter in the open a Tufted Duck might appear but nothing . It does seemd to attract gulls and there were a few Herring and a number of Common Gulls. I did walk to the New Hall pond later and there were 19 geese. Oddly I've only ever seen 1 Greylag!

I also mentioned that one of the cheeky foals that wander on to the bridlepath had been removed. I assumed there were only 2 left but today the brown and one had 2 friends with him. They walked to the edge of the common but only the cheeky brown and white one left the common.




Tomorrow I'm off to a concert to see the Sixteen :) 

Keep warm, it is cold out there!!

3 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

We don't have any tablets here only desktop and laptops :) Daughter uses one at work I think. Enjoy your concert :)

The Wessex Reiver said...

I remember when Microsoft said Windows 10 would be the last new version, with just updates. I hope you find the tablet good, and the Sixteen were better, they do produce glorious music.

The Quacks of Life said...

The sixteen were excellent although I prefer the doing renaissance polyphony to religious works by Haydn/Mozart

I admit to being sceptical over windows 10 at the time!

and the tablet is good. In some respects I'd still prefer a small windows laptop but in others a tablet is better!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.