Wednesday, November 08, 2023

IWM Duxford

I happen to be a member of the Imperial War Museum and I've just renewed my membership so I thought I ought to visit and as today promised to be pants I went today. Note to self look Pete yes the planes are mostly indoors but the hangars are fairly far apart and when it is wet and windy..... Honestly it seemed windier today then when we on the edge of the yellow wind warning recently!

First thing decent Sausage baguette thing in the cafe! The menu seemed less pretentious and the second thing lots of men walking around! Any women were with men..... there is a stereotype there eh. Third thing how many coaches of children were there?

I'll have to ask my friend Rebecca if they've decluttered Airspace. It didn't seem quite so "busy".










This is the BOAC Comet, These were the days when flying was a bit classier :)












I didn't go into Concorde the hordes were there ;)




The Lancaster is huge but I am told it is very cramped inside! 

Whenever I see the Lancaster I am reminded of the film the dam busters and of this clip If I told them I designed it do you think that might help? It may well be apocryphal but it makes me smile.






Ah the Trislander! Channel Islanders will miss these! 





This is part of a mulberry harbour from d-day.





























Cue the Battle of Britain theme going through your head LOL 






























 A nice wander.

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

A fascinating place Pete with so much to see. I must be unusual for a woman I like planes :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.