Wednesday, November 29, 2023

A slightly disappointing visit to Wimpole

I ought to say that my title is no reflection on the gardens! 

I had a choice of Wimpole or Anglesey this morning and chose Wimpole. I arrived a little before 10 and there were queues and cars and the car park was packed. There were over 20 coaches and a few buses on their way out. I parked next to a volunteer and asked what was going on? And they didn't know. Nor did two other volunteers. 

On arriving at the visitors centre it appeared there was a schools cross country on this morning. 

Now I KNOW I am a grumpy git but I do understand these things happen BUT I could find no indication on social media. If I had known I'd have gone to Anglesey. I go to NT places for peace and quiet, to enjoy nature not to have to listen to a bunch of children scream and sing Dancing Queen to music played over the PA.

Sigh there was queues at the cafe  (naturally) so I went into the gardens.


































There were still queues at the cafe so I tried the courtyard cafe.... and no scones so I wandered off.

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Groan - not the day to go. Hope you enjoyed the grounds before the kids started running!!!! Lovely photos and sorry the visit didn't go as planned and no drink or food!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.