Friday, November 17, 2023

Lavenham

I was really surprised to find that I hadn't been to Lavenham all year!! So today I rectified that ! 












So into the Guildhall.... which contrary to what some people might say that National Trust had decked out for Christmas


Hello Ramses! 





The Guildhall has had had many uses including as a Bridewell











One room changes every year with a different exhibition. This year it is Lavenham during WWII


Where's my dad LOL




I never new that the Guildhall was uses as a British Restaurant do quick on the link. Although I don't think I'd have enjoyed eating it! 








A wander around the church! 



















A nice wander :)

3 comments:

The Wessex Reiver said...

It must be twenty years since I visited Lavenham. My great aunt and uncle lived near Saffron Walden so Lavenham was a day trip treat if we visited. It doesn't look much changed, but you'd expect that really.

Ragged Robin said...

Its good to see Lavenham and all the lovely buildings and church again Pete.

The Quacks of Life said...

cheers RR

Wessex Reiver .... it doesn't change superficially but if you look at some of the old photos in the Guildhall from just after WWII you see how the buildings have been restored. Certainly more traffic!

BTW I often go to Saffron Walden the school has a world class concert hall now and a cinema!!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.