Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Local Birds

Well a few birds from my walk. Its all a bit quiet, even the Goldfinches have been absent but I did see some today. I have yet to see a a winter finch but part of that is my walks are more urban of late. They tend to come into town a bit later.

I have seen a Kingfisher close to my house twice in a week! I think I'd seen it twice there in the past 4 years!




Whenever I go to Netteswell pond I hope to see a Tufted Duck or some such but it is always Mallards, Coots and Moorhen. I did get to see more than just a Black Headed Gull

Herring Gull


Common Gull! 



A Black Headed Gull


Common Gull



There were 33 Canada Geese at the New Hall Pond! A new record.



Someone came with bread ;)





This chap is still about


Starling




1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Lovely photos and sightings and good news on the kingfisher. Did you know it looks like we may be in for a Waxwing Winter? I have seen winter thrushes last visit to the caravan - Fieldfares and Redwings feasting on hawthorn berries :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.