Sunday, November 12, 2023

Mistley Towers

I had been thinking I hadn't seen a Canada Goose or Little Grebe on the New Hall pond, you'll remember there was a brood there earlier. On Thursday as I was walking to the pond with a coffee in hand 4 Geese flew over and when I got to the pond there were 5 Geese AND a Little Grebe! 

On Friday I went to Frinton to see my friends Jan and Tony, We went to Manningtree for a "light" lunch (that is what Jan said and it was very nice) there is a shop there that J&T like it is a shop that sells Vinyl (they were never called Vinyl they were always RECORDs - Tony ;) )  and wine which you can buy the glass. Jan (this will shock anyone who knows her and when she reads this I might not live long) and I sat and drank wine whilst Tony sorted through records. It was a lovely evening Jan cooked a wonderful dinner, we drank some nice wine, listened to music and chatted!

We also stopped at Mistley. Mistley Towers are all that remain of Robert Adams church of 1776. It was pulled down and new church was built near by in 1870,






you can get a key for the towers which I'll do one day!

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

lol re the wine! Looks a lovely church - hope you can get in one day :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.