Thursday, March 03, 2022

Strolling along

Well I'm still wandering locally. The weather over the last few days has not been great. The highlight n a wet day recently was a Kingfisher. I've only ever seen them at the pond on the common but this was at the Newhall pond. It was a wet day so I had left the camera at home.  

Still no sign of a Chiffchaff. I suspect its a bit early but given the mild weather I remaining hopeful they may turn up a bit earlier!  I won't have a chance to check the local woods out until Monday now though now. I really ought to go somewhere tomorrow for a change and the wood gets busier at the weekends. I am aware of another wood a bit further away and I am not sure how boggy this will be. I may have a look there if it remains dry.




Why is this Heron sitting in the middle of the common and nowhere near the pond?


Some storm damage in my local wood. One of the trees is leaning against another.








anyone know what this is?





No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.