Thursday, March 17, 2022

Hatfield Forest

The sun was shining so I headed over to Hatfield Forest for my first visit of the year. 

I bought a coffee and sat by the lake.


I think these two Great Crested Grebes think it is Spring ;) 





I knew it was too early for House Martins, Sand Martins and Swallows but well you kind of hope! Maybe the end of next week :) I did hear a Chiffchaff though and see a Brimstone butterfly. The Green Woodpeckers were especially visible.  Oh and there were five species of duck.


























I got a coffee and lunch and sat by the lake enjoying the sun! 

A nice wander! 

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Beautiful photos Pete and such a lovely blue sky :) I've been looking out for chiffchaffs too. Spring is nearly here!!!!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.