Tuesday, March 23, 2021

One Year On - some photos from the past two days

Well it is one year on since the first lockdown started or some such.

Obviously this has been a TERRIBLE event with so much loss of life and suffering and has wrought great changes in our lives. 

Talk of positives seems a bit crass perhaps but from my perspective it has made me explore my local area and I have found 72 species of birds for instance which the me from a year ago would have laughed at. 

It was a lovely day yesterday there was blue skies and hints of warmth. I saw 3 butterflies one of which looked comma like but 2 of them were so fleeting all I could tell was they weren't brimstones or whites ;)

I had a prescription to drop off so after I went for a walk in the local woods. After 11 months of this birding locally like I FINALLY saw a Nuthatch! Actually I saw 2. Always the way. There was a Chiffchaff singing as well.







I headed off to the New Hall pond. There was a Chiffchaff singing close by






I wandered back




A good day.

So to today.





Bramble the foal


Mum


I decided that the ground had dried for me to try another walk. This one down the side of the M11 and my reward for this decision?



AH CUTE



So Cute!



I then took the underpass into Harlow Park wood.




Naff pic but these were peering out



How close to the M11?


My map (OS app) suggested another path home. I was sceptical since the gate I assumed it led to looks padlocked but it actually took me slightly further along. So I popped over to say hi to Bramble


Nuzzling for food?




A good few days, lets hope the next year will be better!

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

I think it is a good job we coudn't look forward a year last March and see this March and another lockdown!

So pleased you have found so much in your local area which has to be a positive. Beautiful photos and very cute lambs :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.