Monday, March 08, 2021

Just walking

Well the schools are back and my walk was noticeably quieter when I went back into town. Lets hope rates continue to fall.

A few signs of spring...




I have bypassed the pond on the common as it has been too boggy. However I couldn't see the foal (subsequently to be known as Bramble) at first in its normal spot but its Mum  had been moved to near the pond and as Bramble was making friends with one of last years foals I went over to take photos (the bogginess level is now much reduced by the way). 



There had been a Heron by the pond but it flew long before I got near. 




I wondered if the path beside the M11 was passable and it was! So that will be a nice option for future walks (although given heavy rain Wednesday....)  It has proved a good spot for Warblers but alas no Chiffchaff :(

I wandered through the woods but despite lots of Tits and drumming woodpeckers none of my 3 target birds were seen (Nuthatch, Treecreeper and Chiffchaff).

The New Hall pond had no Little Grebes but the Coots were collecting nesting material and heading to the island.











1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

A lovely selection of wildife Pete :) You do seem to have found some good areas to visit locally! Good luck with the chiffchaff :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.