Thursday, March 25, 2021

Back on the wing

I have been seeing lots of Squirrel activity and I see one in a particular spot near a large puddle (which has now dried up.


and there were two! 





I did see a fox on my walk but he/she was going out of site (Shame!)

I reliably informed this is a Douglas Dakota (AKA - C-47, DC-3 or Skytrain)


I had a prescription to pick up today so I thought a woods/new hall pond day was in order. This is the walk to Churchgate and it is now dry enough to do. So I will have to do that over the weekend or perhaps the Easter weekend



I couldn't get a Chiffchaff shot but they were singing. This Wren was on the edge of the Reedbed



There was a Coot terrorising the Moorhens.






Posey Pied Wagtail



I have been seeing Butterflies recently but not been able to identify them as they whizz past. Given there is an influx of Large Tortoiseshells I live in hope. 

I was really pleased to see this Peacock posing!





Roll on Monday I can actually drive!!! 

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

So good to see the Peacock butterfly! I haven't seen a flutterby yet this year although there are plenty of bumble bees about.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.