Friday, February 19, 2021

I've been jabbed

Firstly apologies for the lack of photos etc 

The weather hasn't been that great and my camera has not been out. The forecast is good for the next few days so I will wander out and trying find SOMETHING to take a picture of! Everywhere is so wet that many of my routes are still closed. 

The redwings have all disappeared as the weather has got milder. 

Anyway Wednesday was vaccination day. I went for a walk before hand and was rewarded with my first Goldcrest of the year, this was very close to home as well! 

I was a bit nervous, I know that is silly but the odd person kept saying they knew someone who knew someone who had been very ill. Anyway I arrived and it was all done very smoothly. My hands were sprayed and I joined the queue. The sign said that the vaccine was the Pfizer one. I was soon in the room asked a few questions and then had a needle in my arm. I had to wait the obligatory 15 minutes and all done. 

Side affects? Well my arm hurt a bit. It is easing off it will be nice to sleep on that arm :) Other than all good. The 2nd one is in May roll on.

Let us hope this is the start of the road to normality. Although  normality will be different in the future. Many of us have got used to paying extra to have food delivered and a number of friends have said they will continue with this. I use Tesco and they have taken on lots of drivers who hope it will continue :)

What will normality be for holidays? Many will jump on a plane as soon as they can and some may never. I will probably take the cautious route. I have a deposit on hold in Guernsey so I think my first trip will be there but next year.

Anyway today with no sun I wandered to Netteswell pond in hope, rather than expectation, of something different bird wise! Alas no. It was interesting to see the difference in plumages of the Black Headed Gulls and to see a few Commons. I was pleased to see a Herring Gull during my walk,

My local pond is being drained. It will be cleaned and the edges lined with bricks. 

Note 2 Mallards are still on the water remaining! 


It will be refilled! And I hope the duck house replaced! It is on the grass at the moment.

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Great news that the first vaccination is over and done with and that you feel ok apart from a sore arm. We shall be continuing with online shopping from Tesco for the foreseeable future. It was hard initially to get used to one shop a week as I used to go twice to Sainsburys but have now got used to it.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.