Friday, February 12, 2021

Its cold out side!

Well the good news is I have an appointment for the covid jab. 

On Tuesday the ponds were starting to freeze over

This is the one nearest home


This is about 100 yards further on. There are two here divided by a footpath (this is the larger of the two). 


I've mentioned before that by the smaller one is a large puddle that always has 3 mallards (2 male, 1 female). The puddle had frozen and the 3 had moved to the smaller 

Come Wednesday those ponds had frozen. However the closest pond still had some space and look who was there. Yup 3 males and a female. 






Alas this pond has frozen over so the ducks have gone. I wonder if they will come back? 






This is the common pond.




On my walk today I was thinking to myself that I was seeing way more Fieldfares than Redwings I was almost home and then....




Birds added to walk list. Great Spotted Woodpecker and Lesser Black Backed Gull. Surprised taken so long to see the later.

Well lets hope the vaccine goes well.



1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

A lovely set of photos from your local walk and great to see the Redwing (Haven't seen one this year). Great news about the vaccine and hope it goes well.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.