Sunday, February 21, 2021

Even more signs of Spring

Another mild day. I am going to have to cut the grass this week if I can find the time ;) OK Monday or Tuesday!






Still plenty of Sparrows about


Hello Hello




There were lots of Dunnock's singing. 





Now my friend Pat on facebook is constantly moaning at me for always having headphones on. I decided yesterday that the volume of birdsong meant that I am going to have to leave them off for many of my walks.


I took the above photo and, I kid you not, heard a Skylark!! I couldn't find it at first but then he came down and took off again as I watched him head way into the sky. I haven't seen one on my walk before but I only started in April so maybe I'd have heard them last Feb/March



As I strolled back I heard a call I didn't recognise.... Yellowhammer! (I'd have recognise the song). A good walk. Soon we'll have a new wave of migrants. I am waiting for that dull little grey bird to make and appearance! 


 



No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.