Saturday, February 20, 2021

It's warmed up a bit! Signs of Spring

Last weekend it was freezing cold today it feels more like Spring with temperatures around 60f! 

My neighbours but wood chipping all around the tree in his garden but these have poked through 


The pond may be being drained up there were 16 Mallards in the small bit of water that has been left! 



The 3 ducks (2 males and a female) are still about and together.




Blackbird! 


The common pond was devoid of birds. I suspect this will perk up as breeding starts. 

Since I started this walking bit I have been hoping for a cormorant and today one duly flew over! 

In May last year I reported finding Blue Tits nesting in a camera overlooking the M11 well today I spotted these two inspecting.


A longer travel telephoto will be handy ;)

Yet more signs of Spring







I was well pleased to see a Bumble Bee and a Brimstone Butterfly! I may have to start leaving the headphones at home as I took them off at one point and the birdsong is picking up. Chiffchaffs will soon be back! 

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Super photos with so many signs of Spring :) Good news about the pair of Blue Tits and you have beaten me unsurprisingly to both first butterfly and bumble bee :) Much milder here too but a bit rainy!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.