Friday, February 05, 2021

Another week

To be honest I haven't done much since Monday, well I guess one could say since December ;). The weather has not been great  and I have been doing my standard walk.

To put a lie to that this was from Tuesday.






I spotted these on another day... hardly Anglesey Abbey on the Cambridge University Botanic Gardens but...


Whereas last year I missed Spring this year it seems I'll miss Snowdrop Season

I woke this morning and found it to me sunny!! I decided ok I'll take a camera with me.

The resident Sparrows can be relied on








A Blue Tit by way of a change





There are two Canada Geese in the pic (the other two are out site) if you care to loo REALLY closely LOL. I live in hope of a Greylag




I noticed Tuesday that the Rooks were more prevalent along a certain part of my walk whereas there were no Meadow Pipits and Wagtails.





These were in a drainage ditch! 




On the bird front I added Green Woodpecker for the year and a walk lifer Lapwing! Just the one sitting in a field. A bird I had on my I hope to see list.

With the vaccine roll out continuing a pace 2021 may be better than 2020 thankfully.





1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Well done on adding Lapwing :) Good to see some snowdrops - looks like I will miss a big display this year too :( Hope we don't miss Spring again. I've heard nothing about a first dose of the vaccine although some of OH's friends in early 70's have had it recently. My daughter's friend who is 65 has just been offered an appointment.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.