Thursday, November 05, 2020

Hey Ho

And so another month of lockdown.

I was away next week which obviously is cancelled and I had tickets for Ickworth today. Ickworth is open but my journey is too long for me to feel reasonable  doing it under the circumstances so I have cancelled. Annoyingly though the National Trust remains open Audley End is EH and that is closed. I'm not sure why, I am sure they have reasons. There may be some EH places opening an we'll know more tomorrow

Please note I am not anti the lockdown but I can't help but feel they should have done a 2 week one over half term and closed the schools for an extra week as a firebreak but it is what it is. I'm sure the government is desperate for Christmas to be as normal as possible!  

In other news I have dug my wellies out so I can wander to Hatfield Forest. 

Today I have done a 6  mile walk. I came across a flock of Meadow Pipits which rather surprised me.  

 

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

So sorry about your holiday. I agree by the way about the 2 week firebreak over half term closing schools. Cases just seem to have risen as first they returned and then the universities.

I've had an email from EH - suggests I think that you can prebook tickets from 3rd December onwards when they hope to re-open. Hope you enjoyed your walk :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.