Saturday, November 07, 2020

back walking

Well I haven't stopped but you know what I mean.

I woke Thursday to find it was frosty and misty. I stuck my headphones on and wandered off. 

This flower was on the bushes outside my house.



Lots of glistening cobwens





The sun was starting to come through




but still some mist.




Now I have walked this path route many times and have yet to see a Meadow Pipit (I saw one near the common) today I saw 20. I was quite shocked! 

Friday the sky was rather dramatic! And again I saw a number of Meadow Pipits in the exact same place.



So with Meadow Pipits about I took the camera out with a small telephoto. I wandered to the local duck pond which had lots of mallards this is close to my house and not the one with the ducklings. 

That pond is quieter these days. There were 6 mallards that promptly flew off. I am guessing they may be migrants. We forget that Mallards migrate.




There were two Meadow Pipits a few hundred yards further on. Sorry pics had to be heavily cropped.



A nice few days walking. 

The good news is that Audley End will be open so I can visit there and I will going to Hatfield Forest next week. Rye Meads has closed the hides (understandably) so I may not go there but will go to Amwell I guess.




1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Good news about Audley End. It looks though as if you have some good places to walk locally :) Well done on the meadow pipits :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.