Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Churchgate Street and Back

 I decided to explore a bit further along the route I went Sunday.

The first bit is familiar territory.




I have been in Brenthall and Barnsley wood for a while.








This is the reed bed I saw the Reed Warblers last spring



I've no idea.... 


New Hall has loads of these "modern" style properties.


We love a sculpture in Harlow

                                         

The local cafe seems quite popular


Off I trundled


There is a new phase of building I think a different developer


across from this is some reed bed....




the pond from Sunday


I was really pleased to see 2 Little Grebes ! and 2 Coots. The later were one I had hoped to see the grebes were a real surprise. 


I carried on. I have no idea what this is about might be something that they building as part of future developments.




I was headed towards Churchgate Street which I have never knowingly been to before.




The church is of medieval origins and was restored by the architect Henry Woodyer between 1878-1880. Woodyer is noted for the fine Victorian church at Higham.


Following my OS map (phones are handy things ;) ) I came back a different way.


This is Hubbard Hall which is a wedding venue. The house dates back to about 1400 and has been extended up until the 20th Century according to the Historic England website. I couldn't really get too close and I only had the phone.


After a few muddy paths I ended up in the woods. This rose was close to home.


And then a Red Kite flew over!! 100 yards from my house!!

A really good walk! 



1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Super photos of a lovely walk. The church looks interesting :) Pleased you are finding new areas close by to explore and great news re: the Red Kite!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.