Sunday, July 26, 2020

Cuckoo... Cuckoo...

Yesterday I didn't get up until 9:50!!! and just went for a walk. This morning I dragged myself up at 9, now I was in a funny mood not sure what I wanted to do. Now I haven't been to Rye Meads since pre-lockdown. It is now open, but the hides are closed. It would be easy to say that means no birds but it is a nice walk and you never know what insects would show up and the sun was shining....

I am desperately wondering if anything would appear when I heard some small birds and knock me down with a feather!!





I hadn't heard one all summer (ok the wearing headphones on some walks reduced the opportunities) and this youngster posed!!!


I'll guess Common Blue ? female? .... corrections welcomed.


Jersey Tiger Moth



Gatekeeper


Common Blue


And the classic RSPB meeter and greeter



So no hides but a lovely visit. Time well spent! Hang on that's the National Trust phrase not RSPB? well it was !

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

So pleased you had a good visit :) WOW! on the cuckoo and jersey tiger :) Great photos. I think the blue butterfly is a female Common Blue too :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.