Saturday, July 18, 2020

Blickling Hall

I haven't been to Blickling Hall in about 2 years and yet it is probably my favourite National Trust property on account of the fact I have had so many family holidays that have involved it from the 1970's!

My friend Stuart booked tickets for today and off we toddled. We arrived on time which given who was going is a flipping miracle (hi Rebecca).








The scones were homemade an excellent.... they had the best range of food I've seen at an NT place so far.















































We (they) brought a picnic in the grounds that the pub would have no space in the garden.... loads of space. We ordered drinks totally safe guys as we ordered through the window and never had to go inside


after a nice picnic in the park (thanks guys). we headed back to the garden








thanks guys for a great day

3 comments:

Z said...

I love Blickling too, though I haven't visited for quite some time. It's only an hour or less from here. Thanks for jogging my memory.

Ragged Robin said...

Beautiful place Pete - scone and beer look good. Lovely photos. I saw a tweet earlier that the house at Packwood is now open as well as the grounds and gardens.

The Quacks of Life said...

Z - I wish I lived closer! if it was an hour I'd be a regular. but a 106 miles EEK!!

RR - having a pint out was lovely! we didn't have to go inside they had a window open ;)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.