Thursday, June 22, 2006

You can take the boy out of Essex.....

..... but you can't take the Essex out of the boy.

Oh well sorry to the yahoo nicks for my departure last night. I just had to vent my spleen big time at someone. Hope you are all in tonight.

Anyway on the garden front I seem to have a pair of Chaffinches visiting the garden - the male was about this morning and yesterday evening I had two adult Goldfinches and two juvenile birds!

Another excellent piece of news is that the Common Terns at Hatfield Forest have three chicks on the tern raft!! This is super news and I believe is the first instance at the Forest. I am well chuffed about that.

3 comments:

Boo said...

That's ok Pete, I managed to work out who it was you were venting your spleen at. Justifiable!

flicker said...

I didn't - do tell! ;)

Congrats on the baby birdies. I am getting worried about the lack of same here, I have loads of greenfinches and house sparrow babies, but no tits or blackbirds, very strange, something is not right. :(

The Quacks of Life said...

seen no baby tits here and only 1 baby blackbird.

seen baby starlings - LOADS, Greenfinches (quite a few), Goldfinches 2 , Blackbirds 1, House Sparrow (quite a few)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.