Wednesday, June 14, 2006

a bit damp

I left work thinking that rain might save me from doing battle with the Hover. Within 10 miles of home I began to wonder if I'd get home..... it hammered down. The road was partially flooded in one place and I noticed this morning that in another bits of the road have lifted.

I got soaked getting from car to front door and so the hover and I were spared round two. I can just tell I'll be cutting it tomorrow during the England game.

I read this story on the BBC site about woman who spend more money on woman who spend more money on Kid's Clothes than their own with a sort of the world has gone mad sigh.

Jeans for a three year old £80?!?!?!?!?! I wouldn't spend £80 on a pair of jeans for me!! But then that's the world we live in parents think that little Tabitha or Richard is wonderful and deserves everything. Oh and God save the school who suggests that they are not perfect.

We are turning out a generation of designer clad celebrity wanabees

2 comments:

DH59 said...

Well, we had nothing like that oop north. It did rain a bit, and was a little heavy at one point, but at least it cooled the air a bit.

Anonymous said...

It's also due to people getting fatter and fatter, I believe. I know one mother at least, that spends all the money on clothes for her child because she feels fat and ugly and basically can't shop like that for herself. So she lives a little bit through her child with the clothes buying.

On the other hand, if you have enough money to wipe yourself with it, I suppose you try to spend it, I don't know.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.