Saturday, June 29, 2024

Port Isaac

Port Isaac was once a sleepy fishing village but it became the fictional Port Wenn in Doc Martin and there are the vocal sea shanty group Fisherman's Friends and the movie they inspired. 

It has made some allowance for the hordes of tourists but hasn't lost its charm.

Getting parked close to the village wasn't a problem (get there early!)
























Now my plan was to go to Tintagel but it would be busy and I wanted quiet.

I knew that though all the facilities were closed the garden at Pencarrow was open and that a guy visited on Saturdays with the coffee van so I picked up a pack of sandwiches and a bottle of water on route. And ate my sandwiches with a coffee then wandered the garden in peace and quiet and read my book.

Oh another holiday is coming soon 🤣🤣🤣


Oh I saw a Fulmar at Port Isaac and Red Kites and a Little Grebe with a chick at Pencarrow.

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.