Monday, June 10, 2024

Sheffield Park and Borde Hill

I offered to pick a friend up from Stansted Airport and drive them to Sussex yesterday evening so I decided to have a couple of nights here. I'm home tomorrow.

It was very cool this morning, first time I've had a jumper and Jacket on in ages!

First to Sheffield Park garden is formed around 4 lakes.









The house is in private ownership 


















If you look closely you'll spot geese and their young 










The cheese and ale scone. Would be great as part of a savoury cream tea,

I had intended to go to Nymans but I had seen a sign for Borde Hill and .so.

When I arrived the jumper came off.

Borde Hill is planted as a series of rooms.







































There was some real warmth so I sat with a book and drank a coffee until it clouded over.

Home tomorrow morning with a stop off.

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Wonderful photos of two lovely gardens :) Weather looks good as does that scone :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.