Saturday, May 20, 2023

Local Walks

I haven't posted many walk photos lately. Part of this is lack of butterflies, ducklings and foals and also I haven't been going out into the country. I have been walking more locally so I could get a coffee LOL. 

The New Hall pond has now got Goslings and ducklings so the camera had to go out.

Everything is late this year! My Reed Warblers were about 2 weeks late appearing in the reed bed! I was pleased to see a Common Tern hunting over Harlow Common Pond.

Anyway









There were 2 of these but one vanished when it got REALLY cold last winter.


There are 4 ducklings! 





There were 5 Goslings but we're down to 4... fingers crossed







STILL no foals on Harlow Common. One of last years foals (the one on the left) has been there untethered all winter. He now has a friend! 








The Untethered one on the right and Frosty turned away from each other and both kicked out! Between these two pics 







Now the other side of the A414 is Latton Common. I have walked past the underpass countless times but this afternoon I walked under to see if there were foals there and....

there were at least 4 I could see,







2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

You have lovely walking areas locally Pete. Good to see the Goslings and I hope the remaining four survive.

The Quacks of Life said...

they were ok yesterday :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.