Thursday, May 11, 2023

Cotswold Exploring Day 4

So the forecast was a bit dodgy again so where to? I thought I'd go to Charlecote a tudor house where legend has it that William Shakespeare used to poach deer.

Would they be obliging? Well....


yes!



























The brewery


laundry


old kitchens













So I decided to wander down the road to Upton House which was good as the sun was really shining








I decided not to bring the camera and of course there was a very posy pair of Grey Wagtails, Little Grebes and snakes oh well 



I wandered around the house, alas the amazing bathroom is still not open :(

















My view as I sat and read


This was when I left at 4pm .... five minutes down the road it rained!! I may have got a bit lucky



2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Two lovely properties Pete - a shame about THAT bathroom. Do you know why it is closed? I haven't been to either property since before covid. Both places look fairly quiet and good news about the weather.

The Quacks of Life said...

the joys of midweek visits :)

I think it is due to lack of volunteers.....

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.