Tuesday, May 09, 2023

Cotswolds Exploring Day 2

The forecast was poor... EEK

First stop Bourton on the Water where I did my hang on when did that Co-Op open? Is that petrol station new? 

And they've changed the flipping car park! :)








Next stop was Broadway






And finally Snowshill home to that English eccentric Charles Paget Wade and his collection of curiosities. 

First stop was obviously lunch, which I was pleased to be able to eat outside



Aw aw lambs!!

































Wade lived outside,,,, a bit basic for my tastes! 








I had a drink outside and read a bit which was not what I expected. About 3 pm the weather looked like it was turning so I headed off.... driving through a hail storm 15 minutes later!! Good day though.



3 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

I haven't been to Bourton on the Water for some years. Last went to Snowshill as a child must return one day soon. The Cotswolds is so picturesque :) Hope weather ok today for you.

The Wessex Reiver said...

Lovely to see Snowshill, and the Samurai - i first saw these as a 10 year old boy and they frightened me so much i had to be taken outside. And, yes that new Co-Op on Bourton is big.

The Quacks of Life said...

Hi both ... weather much better than forecast..

Bourton? its picturesque but but I wish it wasn't so touristy. I'd have love to have seen it 50 years ago.

Snowshill is fab :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.