Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Wells and Barrington Court

The weather was forecast to drizzle so I headed to Wells..... of course it didn't rain but was overcast all day. I can live with that

This is the Penniless Porch built in 1450. Beggars used to ask for alms.



Probably my favourite cathedral!


Cathedral cat! On my way out it was sitting in the path half asleep owning it.






The arch is amazing! 












A double decker tomb.... showing before and after death.
















These stairs can tell a tale or two!











So I headed into the Bishops Palace ... The building seemed closed but the garden was nice and it was free with my HHA membership.



















I headed to Barrington Court as it was on my way back to my B&B




















Alas the house is still closed. Its been quite a while since the roof damage




A nice day. The weather for tomorrow is rain :(



1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

A beautiful Cathedral and very colourful gardens at Barrington Court. Hope weather today is better than forecast!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.