Friday, April 14, 2023

Some pics

Well the Easter Holidays are almost over!! 

I haven't done much and I am sorry  the blog has been a little dull but visits are about to pick up :)

Still no new foals on the common. I assume the inclement weather has been the cause. Everywhere got so wet! The two ponds closest to me both have a pair of Moorhens but I have yet to see any fledglings this year.

I have seen some butterflies but perhaps most surprisingly no Speckled Woods. No Reed Warblers at my local small reed bed yet.

Anyway a few pics from the last few weeks. 

The weather has been weird hasn't it! 








The last foal is STILL on the common. He's a mischievous colt! 






The local starlings are in good voice! I love the plumage on these birds


peak a boo







You can see how much grass a pony can eat. The foal was visiting this day. I call him foal but he is full grown.










I know they are weeds but they are essential for insects







Oh and I think Ring Necked Parakeets are breeding in my local woods.

3 comments:

The Wessex Reiver said...

I'm with you - starlings are wonderful - that chromatic oily sheen is beautiful, as you've captured.

The Quacks of Life said...

WR.... I think that as they are so common they get overlooked, a bit like Mallards, but when the sun catches them!

Ragged Robin said...

With you both - I love Starlings too. A much under-rated species. Interesting about the Ring- necked parakeets. School hols hopefully nearly over :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.