Wednesday, April 05, 2023

Hadleigh Church, Melford Country Park and Melford Hall

I wandered to Suffolk today. 

Firstly a trip to Hadleigh to St Mary's Church.

The former Guildhall.


The tower is late 13th or possibly 14th century with 14th century isles but it was reworked in the 15th century and restored again in the 19th and 20th.




The tudor gateway to the Deanery 




The modern glass below is better than much of the Victorian,










I like this






I was early for Melford Hall so went for a wander around Melford Country Park. I only had my phone which was ironic as I saw a Treecreeper.







Melford Hall



The scone was good as usual.














I avoided the talk which is just breaking up here. It meant I had the hall to myself.















A nice day.

2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

That is an impressive looking church. I do like the modern glass too. I have decided that most Victorian glass I do not like! Lovely photos of the hall too.

The Quacks of Life said...

RR - Victorian glass is a bit pedestrian to me! Check out the glass at Fairford in the Cotswolds which is medieval its amazing.

If you get a chance go to Southwell Minster for some lovely modern glass.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.