Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Lytes Cary

 The forecast is not good but today was said to be good so I decided to go to Lytes Cary. I've been many times but there are some nice walks which need good weather so...

Lytes dates in part to the 14th century. 








There were a few butterflies about. This peacock being one and a few Orange Tips.


There were quite a few birds about Linnets, Whitethroats, Blackcaps, Chiffhcaffs. Yellowhammers and one swallow. I've seen 3 swallows and 0 House Martins!!






















2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

The weather looks better than forecast! Lovely photos. I have still seen so few butterflies in fact only two all year! Villa have gone up the table again - lol!!!! - Sorry Pete couldn't resist it!

The Wessex Reiver said...

I like Lyte's Cary, it always has a quiet historical feel, and few visitors even in busy days. I saw my first house martin on Monday, and the only swallows in Nottinghamshire. Very scarce at the moment around north Somerset.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.