Monday, April 24, 2023

Motnacute and Tintinhull

Well I am on my first holiday of 2023 and I happen to have already booked one for 2024!

I am on the Devon/Somerset/Dorset borders. I had an uneventful journey down (ok I was up at what my friend Jan would call STUPID O'CLOCK) and stopped for breakfast at Cartgate Lodge. They do an excellent Sausage, Egg and Bacon bap! 

I first headed to Montacute, I knew I'd be too early for the house BUT I have never looked around St Catherines Church which is well worth a visit btw! 















So to the house. Some Wisteria.


I grabbed a coffee and went into the gardens








Lovely Tulip display
















A few indoor pics. I've been in many times.















So off to Tintinhull a lovely little garden a few miles away.




These were in a field next door.
















The weather suddenly decided to rain so I headed off. Lovely first day.


2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

You're away :) Lovely area to stay. Super church, houses and gardens. Is that a giant peg I see at Montacute??? Hope you get dry weather.

The Quacks of Life said...

yup a giant peg :) and after today the weather looks EEK

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.