Thursday, April 27, 2023

Knightshayes and Killerton

The forecast was for rain.... and rain it did! 

Knightshayes is a victorian house designed by William Burges who is perhaps best known for his churches. It does look a candidate for a brooding gothic house in a horror movie. I did see my first House Martin of the year!!

There is a nice kitchen garden
















The main garden is not as  formal as normal and i quite like it. More so though when I'm not a  drowned rat :)


















On my last visit there was no photos in the house. Alas the upstairs is shut due to roof leaks.











I had lunch and thought well what now? I contemplated just going to my b&b but drove to Killerton a house built in 1778. If I'm honest its more to my taste.














Getting wet here is a family tradition. We once got caught in a shower here. Mum and I under one tree laughing hysterically at my father under another looking so miserable in the rain. He hated getting his hair wet ! 







I didn't really explore the gardens and headed to the tea room for coffee.....

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Sorry about the rain and getting soaked - hope weather is better today. But the houses and first garden look wonderful.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.