Tuesday, June 28, 2022

St Mawes and Lanhydrock

The forecast for today was not good but I guess it was better than it was forecast as I never found any 45 mph winds.

So I went first to St Mawes. There is an excellent coffee van next to the castle so guess where I went first?

St Mawes castle was  an artillery fort constructed by Henry VII between 1540 and 1542. Its twin Pendennis is situated across the Fal river and I have never been but will later this week :)





































I bought a crab roll from the seafood booth on the quay took it back to my car and bought another coffee. I put the roll on my dashboard to take a photo for my friend Jan (you may remember a gull stole her crab roll) and bang a gull landed on my windshield trying to get it LOLOL.

So what to do? The weather wasn't great so I headed to Lanhydrock for a stroll.

Now I had noticed that so far Cornwall had been reasonably quiet people wise. Indeed someone said that to me in St Mawes. Well that must have all been at Lanhydrock as the car park was VERY busy.





















I didn't go into the house but I had a wander around the church.










No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.