Sunday, June 26, 2022

Cotehele

I went to Cotehele today. Cotehele is a medieval manor house with Tudor additions. I've been in the house many times but I like walking around the gardens.

The house is a rare survival as the family used it as a second home.












I do like how the automated mower is called Gordon LOL


















I wandered to the quay passing the chapel of St Thomas and St George. The Chapel was built by Sir Richard Edgcumbe  etween 1485 and 1489 as a thanksgiving for his escape from forces loyal to Richard III in 1483









I then wandered to the Mill















The walk back to the house is up hill so we earned a cheese scone :)


There was one shower first thing but generally an excellent day weather wise.

2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Glad the weather was ok. Super photos and a lovely day out. It looks very quiet there unless appearances are deceptive!!!!

The Quacks of Life said...

actually it is less busy than I feared it might be.....

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.