Saturday, July 27, 2024

Wimpole Hall

I broke my rule and visited a National Trust property in the school holidays yesterday.

The walled garden was looking lovely and it was nice to see butterflies. Given the cars in the car park I'm assuming they went to the farm.








This one wouldn't open its wings... it's a Peacock 


















































As I got back to the stables the procession of families inbound was growing.

It was a nice walk my one miserable old git gripe is that walking back to the car park multiple families walking towards me took the entire path and forced me on the grass.. given you can easily walk 4 abreast this is a bit poor.

On the butterfly front I've seen marbled white on my walks and the ducklings are all still there 🙂

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Beautiful photos of the walled garden.Glad someone is seeing more butterflies :) Glad you missed the hordes in the garden but that is rude behaviour from those families on the path back to the car park.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.