Sunday, July 07, 2024

Upton House

I had to wander to Upton House.

The house was given to the National Trust by Lord Bearsted along with his art collection. The garden was designed by Kitty Lloyd Jones.










This shows Upton before the Georgian additions.














Hogarth.







This painting is away for restoration, this is an x-ray. It is interesting I think.


This is a French politician of the 16th century, it is one my favourites.







The sun came out,








There were duckling,Moorhen chicks and little Grebe chicks.






One of 2 grass snakes.









As it started to rain. I headed off.

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Great photos of a lovely house and garden. Wonderful to see two grass snakes :) I love the art collection in the house and do they still have the exhibition of Shell posters?

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.