Tuesday, January 16, 2024

The ducks aren't happy again

The day after posting my last blog I came across a small flock of around a dozen Redpoll by the New Hall pond. Not a walk lifer but a very nice year tick 

I guess it's winter but the ducks don't approve of the cold! Yesterday morning the sun was shining so I picked up my camera and off I went.

There was some ice at the Coalport pond.











Netteswell Church is redundant. There is a sign no entry for the General public.








There was still a Little Grebe at Newhall yesterday









After another cold night!



The Coalport pond was frozen over! A bit of the Newhall pond was free from ice and when someone appeared with bread the birds appeared!


Bit surprised to find one goose. 







I expect tomorrow all of the ponds will be frozen!

Stop press. Tuesday morning... Just seen some Siskin

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Good news on the Redpoll sighting :) A shame the church is redundant and closed. I hope one of those organisations like CCT take it over.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.